Friday, February 24, 2012

Here's Hoping.....

Easton has his ear recheck this afternoon. I hope they have both cleared up. However, I wouldn't be shocked if she said they aren't. If they are, I think we might start sleep training. He's getting up way more then he needs to be getting up. I think he needs to go to bed awake and learn to put himself to sleep. Right now he nurses to sleep, And I really don't mind, I actually kind of like it, but I think him falling asleep on his own may help him during the night. And, I would like for him to get up once during the night because I like rocking him in the silent dark. I don't know if I'll find a happy medium here. But I can hope.

The boys had their first dental appointments last night. They were far beyond due, I'm well aware. But, better late then never. The dentist suggested we take Omar to a strictly pediatric dentist because of the future needs he'll have. And because of the Goldenhar Syndrome, they might have more experience with that. They both did really well, and thought it was pretty cool. They each got a coupon for a kids pack at Subway, so they were treated there for dinner.

On the way home I was once again reminded that I live in a houseful of boys, and for years to come I will have to listen to "boy talk". Nolan said to Omar, "Omar, what if they had penis dentists?" This was followed by bursts of uncontrollable laughter. Then, "What if they had a butt dentist?" More laughter. Times like this I wonder what it would be like to listen to stories about pretty pink princesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment